We are now accepting submissions for the 2022 Festival.
The deadline is October 1, 2022
We want to hear from YOUth, aged 10 to 24 in Eastern Ontario!
Pick up your phones, tablets or even (gasp) an actual camera and make a film that celebrates something in your life or community; shows a solution to a problem or showcases your opinion!
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS!
- You must be between the ages of 10 and 24 to enter the MyView Film Contest and live, work or go to school in Eastern Ontario (Eastern Ontario is defined as the following counties: Lanark, Leeds & Grenville; Stormont, Dundas & Glengarry; Prescott & Russell; Ottawa-Carleton)
- Create a 5 minute or less video about something important to you. Be sure to check out the prize categories and the rules and conditions to ensure your film is eligible to be nominated! (*must have music permissions!)
- Upload your video online to a video sharing site.
- Fill out the submission form, and cut and paste the LINK (eg. http://www.youtube.com/example) to your video; before the submission deadline of October 1st 2022. *Be sure to include an email address that you check often so we can communicate with you.
- Stay tuned to the MyView Website, Youtube Channel and Facebook Page for updates and to see if your Film is nominated in one of the prize categories.
- Attend the MyView Youth Film Festival Awards Ceremony & Red Carpet in November of 2022 (date to be determined).
Film Contest Prizes will be awarded to filmmakers in the following categories:
- $1000 Grand Prize – best overall film
- $750 I 💖 My Community – best film that positively highlights a local community
- Age Category Prizes (10-13; 14-17; 18-24)
The Nominations Committee determines which films are nominated in each category. Filmmakers are notified of their nominations approximately 4 weeks after the submission deadline.
Final winners in each category are decided by a panel of celebrity judges and announced at the Awards Ceremony
For more information on the criteria which will be used to determine winners please review the Judging Criteria.