Below are the criteria which will be used in selecting the nominees and determining Judges’ scores for the MyView Youth Film Festival. Please pay close attention to the number of points which are assigned to each category.
MESSAGE – 20 Points Possible
- Background or Context Presented
- Provision of Solution or Call-to-action (if applicable)
- Accuracy of Information Presented
- Realistic (if applicable)
- Broad Relevance (Affects Community not just specific group)
ENTERTAINMENT VALUE – 10 Points Possible
- Holds Attention
- Lasting Impression (conveys action as take away)
- Emotional Pull
- Broad Appeal
PRODUCTION VALUE – 5 Points Possible
- Clarity of Image
- Clarity of Sound
- Creative Approach
- Flow/Pacing of Film
MYVIEW FILM CONTEST AWARDS
Prizes will be awarded in the following categories:
- Grand Prize
- Age Category Prizes (10-13, 14-17, 18-24)
The Nominations Committee determines which films are nominated in each category.
Final Winners in each category are decided using a blend of Judges’ scores and online votes.